Change language in app with using String Catalog

Hi. I'm using the string catalog to localize the app. How can I change the language in my app? I want to change the language using the button.

What button are you referring to?

You can redirect users to your app’s settings to change the app language
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiapplication/1623042-opensettingsurlstring

If you need to change the language for development purposes or testing, you can change the language in the scheme options or test plan configuration.

I hope you understand my bad English. Our app will support Korean and English. In addition to showing the language of the app in the user's preferred language, I want to support changing the app's language from within my app. So I'll include a language change button in the settings screen of my app. And I'm using String catalog to localize the app. What should I do in this case? The only thing I can find on the internet is how to implement a language change button using an older version. If I use string catalog and create an old version of the language change button, will it be reflected?

I want to support changing the app's language from within my app.

This generally doesn’t end well. See this post. Bouncing out to Settings per tomn94’s suggestion is a much better option.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Change language in app with using String Catalog

Q