I am unable to run my iPad app on the Vision Pro simulator

My device has an M2 Max chip, and I am using Xcode version 15.1 Beta 3. My app runs normally in iOS and iPad simulators, but when I attempt to run it in the Vision Pro simulator, even though the compilation is successful, a dialog box appears stating, 'AppName's architectures (Intel 64-bit) include none that Apple Vision Pro can execute (arm64).' Consequently, the app is not successfully installed in the Vision Pro simulator. Additionally, my project uses Cocoapods for dependency management. I would appreciate any help, thank you!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jsonzb Down vote post of jsonzb
2.2k views

Replies

If you create a new project from one of the built-in iOS templates, do you have the same problem with that?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• I am still encountering the issue I previously described. Interestingly, when I create a new visionOS app from scratch, it runs without any problems. However, the issue persists when I attempt to run my two older projects. I am at a loss as to how to resolve this and am seeking your guidance and assistance.

Add a Comment

did you solve it. I have the same issue. is that because your iOS project has x86_64 dependencies? Vision Pro's simulator does't have rosette version

I have the same issue too....

• My problem is due to cocoapods

Add a Comment

My problem is solved:

1 main project:

1. Switch to the "Build Settings" tab.
  2. Find the "Architectures" and "Valid Architectures" settings and make sure x86_64 has been removed.
  3. Add x86_64 to "Excluded Architectures" to ensure Xcode doesn't try to compile for this architecture.

2 Pods project:

1. To be in Podfile:
  2. config.build_settings['VALID_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*]'] = 'arm64e arm64'
  3. config.build_settings['EXCLUDED_ARCHS[sdk=iphonesimulator*]'] = 'x86_64'

3 The most important:

When facing xcode, remember to clear DerivedData. This is the most very very very important thing.

• Sadly this is still an issue for me even with the proposed fixes... very frustrating as the very first time I tried, it built and ran the app perfectly on the VisionPro as expected. Then I was forced to reboot the VisionPro and the laptop again to reconnect them the next day, and I cannot build and run on the Vision Pro - I get that same message:

"architectures (Intel 64-bit) include none that Apple Vision Pro can execute (arm64)"

• (This is with Xcode 15.2, and VisionOS 1.02 (neither updated from when it worked to it failing now)).

Unfortunately I have many pods including a kind of complex Podfile, I'm sure it's an issue somewhere in that mess. I'll keep trying to see if I can re-configure the podfile in any way that brings sucess. Where in the Podfile are you placing those two config.build_settings lines?

• Experiencing the same issue with Xcode 15.2, it works fine on new projects but existing old projects face this issue. I have pod with generates the projects using React Native 0.73.4 and expo SDK 50

The pod to report an error in the current target, Pods/Bugly/Bugly.framework/Bugly[arm64][2] libBugly.a-arm64-master.o ) built for 'iOS'

• Just use swift package manager.

• Some POD libraries in the project do not support SPM

Add a Comment