I need a way to permantently disable Reactions from my app, ideally the universe too

So I've spent the last five years optimizing my video AI system so that it runs with less than 5% CPU while processing a 30fps video feed on a Macbook Pro M2, and everything is great, until Sonoma comes out, and I find myself consuming 40% CPU for the exact same workload.

So I fire up Instruments, and the "heaviest stack trace" (see screenshot) turns out to be Espresso doing some completely unasked-for and absolutely useless processing on my video frames. I turn off Reactions, but nothing helps - the CPU consumptions stays at 40%.

"Reactions" is nothing but a useless toy to please some WWDC keynote fanboys, I don't want it anywhere near my app or my users, and I especially do not want to take the blame for it pissing away the user's CPU cycles and battery. Now, how do I make it go away, for ever?

Best regards

Jacob

Hello,

Please use Feedback Assistant to raise this issue with the appropriate engineering team. At the API level, there is no way for you to disable or opt out of the processing shown in that call-stack.

I need a way to permantently disable Reactions from my app, ideally the universe too

Q