Progressive immersive space and Digital Crown (and ARKit)

I am new to visionOS development, just slowly figuring out the difference in immersion styles to figure out how I want my app to behave.

It seems that when you use a progressive immersive space the minimum immersion level (set via the digital crown) is not 0? Meaning, there is no way to go from mixed to full by using the Digital Crown. Even when I try to set it to 0 (such as in the Destination Video sample), it pops back up to around 30-40%, and I always see the background. Is this expected behavior, or are there some settings that allow me to change this minimum immersion level?

Further, in the video 'Meet ARKit for spatial computing', it is stated that to get access to ARKit tracking data you must use a 'Full Space', not the 'Shared Space'. This wording is confusing to me. Is an ImmersiveSpace set to the .mixed (or .progressive) immersion style still a 'Full Space' (because it isn't in the shared space, with other apps)? OR, is ARKit only available in an ImmersiveSpace with the .full immersion style? Just feels like maybe 'full' is being used in two different ways here...

Thanks in advance,

-pj

Replies

Answered my second question here:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/visionos/setting-up-access-to-arkit-data#Open-a-space-and-run-a-session

"To help protect people’s privacy, ARKit data is available only when your app presents a Full Space and other apps are hidden. Present one of these space styles before calling..."

That seems to indicate that a 'Full Space' is an ImmersiveSpace set to any style (.full, .mixed or .progressive), not ONLY the .full style.

Still not sure about the .progressive use of Digital Crown. I wonder if maybe it detects getting below a certain point of immersion and programmatically switches the immersion style to .mixed, from .progressive? Hmmmmm.