com.apple.deleted removes Game Center SQLite cache, causing profile name to become “Unknown”

Through log analysis, I found that the SQLite files generated after signing in to Game Center are located in:

~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.gamecenter/Library/Caches

com.apple.deleted automatically cleans up cache files. This causes the following problem: after I have been signed in for some time, when I check Game Center again, I find that the profile name has changed to Unknown. When I launch Apple Arcade games, I am always asked to sign in to Game Center, and “Show Profile” also shows the same symptoms as described in this post:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/256053912

I believe they are caused by the same issue. I have to log out and then log back in to Game Center to temporarily resolve the problem, but once the cache is cleaned again, I have to repeat the same process.

I also think that having less remaining free storage space may make system cache cleanup more likely to be triggered, although this is only my guess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/1l0f8i4/the_avatar_and_name_in_game_center_are_displayed

My system is macOS 15.7.9.

I have already submitted a complete Feedback Report.

FB ID: FB24975495

com.apple.deleted removes Game Center SQLite cache, causing profile name to become “Unknown”
 
 
Q