Strange Run Icon in Xcode 27

All my Xcode 27 versions (including Xcode 27.2. beta 2) have this strange Build & Run icon with a line through it. What does it mean and how can i change it? Screenshots of Xcode 27 in the App Store and the WWDC 27 videos show the normal triangle and no slash. Does anyone else see this on their Xcode 27? I works without problems, everything is normal, just this strange slash bothers me.

Update: The official 27.1 release version has the normal triangle. It looks like this is for beta versions?

Same problem.

I do not get the slash in the run/stop button.

Xcode 27.1 beta 1 and MacOS 26.6.1.

What type of project is yours ?

Currently with slash:

  • Xcode Version 27.2 beta 2 (27B5028f)
  • macOS 27.2 Beta (26B5091g)

I had this slash with every beta of Xcode/macOS since 27.0 beta.

I have this slash not with Xcode Version 27.1 (27A9269) on the same macOS Beta.

That looks like a bug in Xcode. Did you file a bug report ?

For me it looks intentional because 27.0/1/2 beta had this but no release of these of 27.0/1 (.2 is not released yet).

Strange Run Icon in Xcode 27
 
 
Q