Xcode 27 No iOS 27 Simulators

Tried three times now and absolutely cannot get Xcode 27 to install iOS 27 Simulators.

I have done a complete uninstall of Xcode (including things in ~/Library). And even purged /System/Library/AssetsV2/com_apple_MobileAsset_iOSSimulatorRuntime/

When Xcode 27 (27A266a; release version) is installed and run the first time, I'm greeted with the SDK screen. I select iOS and it downloads that runtime. I can see it in Xcode's Components panel in Settings.

I only see Any iOS Device as a target device in Xcode. If I launch Device Hub, it's empty and I cannot add any devices since the Add dialog shows No Runtimes Available.

Selecting "Add Platforms in Xcode" takes me back to Xcode, but I only ever see iOS 26.5 or older in the list.

I've even tried the various xcrun simctl commands, but to no avail.

Why is it so difficult to have a clean install of Xcode 27, have it install the iOS 27 SDK and then be able to build and run existing projects?

I'm on the release version of macOS 27.0.1 though the problems persisted earlier today on macOS 27.0 as well.

Huge mess still going on. I uninstalled Xcode 27.0 and installed Xcode 27.1 beta instead. Upon initial launch, it downloaded bother the 27.1 and 27.0 runtimes. But alas, same issue in Device Hub. Cannot add any simulators even after a reboot.

When I list contents of com_apple_MobileAsset_iOSSimulatorRuntime, it now shows 4 folders. Two for iOS 27.0 and two for iOS 27.1 whith one having a status of "Ready" and the other Unusable - Cryptex Mount Preferred".

xcrun simctl runtime verify of the iOS 27.0 "Ready" one gives an error: "-67054 a sealed resource is is missing or invalid". And a verify of of the iOS 27.0 "Unusable" is the same error message with a code though of -67068.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I'm now going to uninstall Xcode 27.1 beta and try out Xcode 27.2 beta 2 in hopes that some version will work.

Ok, before uninstalling Xcode 27.1 beta 1, tried one more time.

Launched Xcode, and in Settings | Components, clicked on info icon next to the iOS 27.1 beta item under Platform Support and removed it. It's status then showed a red "Cryptex" message and button along the right-hand side became "Update".

After clicking on Update, it still shows the error. Brining up info shows "There was a problem identified with the iOS 27.1 beta platform that was downloaded. Redownload iOS 27.1 beta and try again".

Clicked on "Delete..." via the info dialog, but noticed the same error along with "Update", so tried "Delete..." a second time and that cleared the error and gave me the "Get" button again.

Clicked on "Get" which showed it downloading 2 items again (27.1 and 27.0 simulators).

Back to Terminal, and now when I list the contents of com_apple_MobileAsset_iOSSimulatorRuntime, it shows only two entries, both ready. One for 27.0 and the other for 27.1. Great! However, xcrun simctl list runtimes shows nothing.

I'm going to reboot now and see if that changes anything. If not, I'll attempt to use xcrun simctl runtime add.

No luck. Even Xcode 27.2 beta 2. Restarted multiple times, purged that iOSSimulatorRuntime folder.

Re-downloaded the various runtimes to include iOS 26.0 and 26.5. No matter what I try, I cannot get anything to work.

I'm really regretting updating to macOS 27.0 since I'm now forced to use Xcode 27.x

I cannot explain, but I can now run iOS 26.0 simulators in Xcode 27.2 beta.

Prior to my last reboot, "xcrun simctl list runtimes" was empty. and "xcrun simctl runtime list" showed two entries:

  • iOS 27.0 (24A434) - <uuid> (Ready)
  • iOS 27.2 (24B5089g) - <uuid> (Ready)

After reboot, the lattter command then showed three entries (same two as above) with a third "unknown" entry. Then a few moments later, the same command showed five!

  • iOS 27.2 (24B4089g) - <uuid> (Unusable Cryptex)
  • iOS 27.0 (24A434) - <uuid> (Ready)
  • iOS 27.0 (24A434) - <uuid> (Unusable Cryptex)
  • iOS 27.2 (24B4089g) - <uuid> (Ready)
  • iOS 26.0 (23A343) - <uuid> (Ready)

Where did that iOS 26.0 entry come from? I hadn't downloaed it.

However, "xcrun simctl list runtimes" is now showing:

  • iOS 26.0 (26.0 - 23A343) ...

Is this because around 30 minutes ago, I had downloaded that runtime? And even though I since deleted it, it decided to come back somehow?

In summary, I can once again create simulators, though just 26.0 which is a-ok for now.

I'll try to file a bug later.

only problem hehe

Xcode 27 No iOS 27 Simulators
 
 
Q