App Settings silently fails to select Team / generate Personal Team certificate

Hello, trying to create a simple utility for personal use using Swift Playgrounds. I want to install the app locally on my iPad, I don’t want to have Swift Playgrounds open to run. Have not been able to resolve. See below:

Environment: iPadOS Version: iPadOS 26.6.2 (23G90) Hardware: iPad Pro M4 Swift Playgrounds Version: 4.5+

Steps to Reproduce: Create a new App project (+ App button). Open App Settings > Team & Bundle Identifier. Ensure a free Apple ID is signed in. Tap the user's name under the "Team" list.

Expected Result: The UI should register the selection, generate a local provisioning profile, and reveal the "Install on this iPad" button. If the user needs to accept a web agreement, an alert should guide them.

Actual Result: Nothing happens. The row registers the touch visually, but the state remains "No Team Selected, Unknown Bundle Identifier". No error message is thrown, blocking local installation entirely.

Thanks

I have this issue!!! I can not progress in my development because of this problem. This problem is making it unable to let me bring my app to my iPhone and run it native, because I do not have my Team/ Personal ID...

App Settings silently fails to select Team / generate Personal Team certificate
 
 
Q