I'm looking for a supported way to show occasional contextual information over a FairPlay-protected video in system PiP (Picture in Picture) on iOS and macOS.
For example, I'd like to briefly display a small icon or image and a short text label to give the viewer useful context. I want to leave the video stream unchanged and keep normal protected playback, with the additional information displayed as a separate UI layer.
Standard protected playback in PiP works. My question is how to include that extra UI in the actual system PiP window, rather than only in the player view inside the app.
Does AVKit provide a supported way to display and update image/text overlays on top of an AVPlayer-based PiP presentation while preserving FairPlay playback?
If not, is this a general limitation of system PiP, or an additional restriction for protected video? What would be the recommended approach for this use case, including images as well as text?