Connect Iphone using Wireless not working

Hey guys,

I recently updated to IOS 11 and Xcode 9. Am trying to explore the option of connecting my phone over wifi with xcode for development. My mac and IPhone are both connected to same wifi (corporate network). I have selected the option for connecting my iphone over a network but as mentionedi in the WWDC talk, https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2017/404, there is not globe icon showing next to my device and consequently if i disconnect my iphone from usb it gives me lost connection error.

Few of device details:

Mac OS : 10.12.6 (16G29)

IPhone : 6S running IOS (1115A372)

XCode : Version 9.0 (9A235)

Am i missing some step or is there a gap in implementation here ?

Replies

Hi adi2ky,

same problem here, I was looking for to try this. I tried unpairing device from mac, also couple of restarts. Pretty frustrating

Good day

Did you have any success with this in the end ? I noted that the OP indicated he was on a coporate wireless network, many corporate wifi networks block device to device conenctions for secuirty reasons. Does your phone sync with your Mac over the wifi network for regualr sync operations with iTunes ?

This sometimes really sucks. I hope they will fix it soon... U loose a lot of time during development because of this silly bug
Hey all, if you're hitting this issue, can you please open a feedback assistant issue for this? Please make sure you run sudo sysdiagnose and also xcrun simctl diagnose and attach both resulting files to the feedback assistant so we can take a look at what's going on. Could you also please report back here with the FB number once you do that? Thank you!