Is it possible to change bundle id of Watch kit app?

Long story short, I had my App and Watch app already uploaded to the app store. However, I needed to add a WatchConnectivity to have App to Watch communication.

At the beginning My app bundle id was: com.x My watch bundle id was: com.x.watchkitapp

However, while developing Watch Connectivity, I noticed that my Apps are not connected unless I changed it to com.x.watchkitapp -> com.x.watch

However after changing it I cannot submit my bundle anymore.

I'm getting Asset validation failed error

Invalid Bundle Identifier. Attempting to change bundle identifier from com.x.watchkitapp to com.x.watch is disallowed for bundle x.app/Watch/WatchX Watch App.app. (ID: 75a4621a-7e28-411d-a2a7-84674e460656) Any ideas how this could be solved?

I have a fully Swift & SwiftUI-based app with the following targets:

• Main app = com.abc.appname
  • Watch app = com.abc.appname.watchkitapp

So I'm not sure why your "Apps are not connected unless I changed it to com.x.watchkitapp -> com.x.watch". Are you sure you've only tried to change the one bundle id?

Have a look through all your targets' Build Settings and make sure everything is in order there.

Xcode's settings and how to get everything to link together is sometimes akin to magic. I had massive issues with IntentsExtensions until Apple moved to AppIntents.

Is it possible to change bundle id of Watch kit app?

Q