Does WatchOS kill apps when in extreme temperatures?

I have noticed that my Apple Watch app seems to randomly quit from time to time. It's not crashing and I have not been able to reproduce it in a controlled setting, but have noticed that it seems to only happen when I'm in very high or low temperatures. For instance, I was skiing recently and my app was supposed to stay running the whole time, but often when I would raise my wrist it would be back on the home screen and my app wasn't running. This also happened when I was on the beach on a very hot day. But when I'm testing it at home I can keep it running for hours and it never crashes, which leads me to believe it may have to do with the temperature. Does the OS kill apps when it's running in very high or low temperatures? If so, is there anything I can do to prevent this from occurring?

Would doing less things in my app possibly prevent this? For instance, I have a timer, and use a bunch of sensors, would turning those off at times and using less of the display make a difference or does the OS not care what the apps are actually doing? If not, any other ideas?

Thanks

Does WatchOS kill apps when in extreme temperatures?

Q