Font Sizes Issue ( Custom and System ) Xcode 15 Beta & iOS17 Beta

I am having issues with the Font Sizes on iOS17 Beta. When running the app in the simulator and on the device, the font weight for my app suddenly changed. For example, it has always been "Regular" and it changed to "Semibold" even thought its set to be in "Regular".

I am also adding a new label, and no matter what I do to the size, it does not change. On the storyboard is shows the correct size I set, but then running it on the simulator or in my device running iOS17 Beta it shows smaller or the the regular size of 17.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Answered by Megamil in 769093022

is Settings => Display & Brightness => Bold Text enabled?

I am also facing the same issue here. The app works perfectly when running Xcode 14 simulator but when running on Xcode 15 font weight changes weirdly.

Fundamentally this sounds like a bug, and I would recommend you sending feedback

I am facing the same issue in iPad OS 17 Beta and Xcode 15 beta. is it iPad OS 17 beta bug?

Facing this issue too with labels randomly changing font and weight. Hopefully this is a bug.

Same issue. At certain font sizes, my bold fonts become regular. It must be a bug because in my instance it's only at font sizes of 16 and 17. This is with a variable font, so perhaps that's where the bug lies.

We have same issues. We use custom fonts. Some UILabels' font in our app built on Xcode 15 beta were changed from 'medium' style to 'bold' font weight.

We have the same issue in our project. Font styles (regular, bold, etc.) are completely broken when we compile our App against the iOS 17 SDK.

Same here. Seems to be a known problem as stated on the Xcode 15 RC release notes:

Interface Builder documents using custom App fonts may load incorrect font at runtime. (113624207) (FB12903371) Workaround: Set font manually in code.

I have faced the same problem. Xcode 15 font weight changes weirdly

Same here! Since Xcode 15.

Same issue with Xcode 15.

Same issue

Same issue!!!!

Has anyone discovered a workaround? This is a pretty serious issue

having the same issue in ios 16 & 17 iphone & simulator both using Xcode 15 & 15 beta both the fonts are working fine in swiftUI project though, but the UIKit projects are messed up because of fonts, and they are randomly changing

Just sharing work around :

1. You can avoid font issue by continuing to use Xcode 14 until Xcode 15 becomes stable.
  2. If you decide to use Xcode 15, then likely you have to manually adjust the fonts for each part of your app’s user interface. This can get messy in your code and make quality control a bit tricky.
Accepted Answer
Font Sizes Issue ( Custom and System ) Xcode 15 Beta & iOS17 Beta

Q