Provided Distribution Certificate is no longer valid on Apple's server

I'm trying to build my Expo app. I already built it for Android, but now I'm struggling to create a release on iOS to upload on TestFlight. I have the apple developer account of my university, and they added our bundle ID there(I'm not an admin). When I try to build with EAS, it requires a p12 file.

So, I tried to generate it in this way:

1. From Keychain Access I created a CSR(by adding my mail and name) and then on Apple Developers I uploaded it(Certificates > +), so I downloaded a .cer file

2. I opened the .cer on Keychain Access and I dragged it under "login" section

3. From there I exported the p12 file

But that p12 gives me always this error when I run npx eas build --platform ios :

Provided Distribution Certificate is no longer valid on Apple's server

after submitting the p12 file on eas console.

Can someone help us?

Thanks in advance for your availability :)

Replies

That specific message is coming from your third-party tooling, so it’s hard to say what it actually means. My best guess is that you created the wrong type of certificate. If you’re planning to upload to the App Store, you need an Apple Distribution [1] certificate. It should be named Apple Distribution: TTT, where TTT identifies you in your team.

See Developer Account Help > References > Certificate types for more background.

Beyond that, it’s possible that you don’t have appropriate privileges. See Developer > Support > Articles > Program Roles.

Finally, my general advice in situations like this is to use Xcode to create a dummy app with the same bundle ID as the app you’re building with your third-party tools. That code doesn’t have to work, you just use it to test your signing and upload process. Once you’ve got Xcode working, any remaining issues are with your third-party tooling. OTOH, if you can’t get Xcode working then that falls squarely into Apple’s camp.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Or the legacy iOS Distribution.