ImageCaptureCore

Hi. I am new to ios development and I am using swift to try to develop a sample app to connect a Canon camera to an iphone via a usb cable and I want to use the ImageCaptureCore framework to do this (that is I want to use the USB PTP). Although I see the documentation on the Apple site, I am still unsure where to begin. Is there any tutorials, etc. about where I can get started with this? I was able to find a couple of code snipets and piece together something with ICDeviceBrowser but when I load the program onto my iphone and connect the camera via usb, I am not able to detect any camera. So ideally I am looking for some sort of tutorial that goes through how to do this or if not, what do I have to do to at least be able to detect the camera from the iphone?

I'm not sure why the Canon camera isn't being detected, but to get started with actually sending PTP messages, this code is a good start: https://github.com/fruitsamples/PTPPassThrough/tree/master

I have been able to run that code and get it to communicate with a Canon camera successfully. However, when I take that code and I create a front end for ios (using the storyboard) and then load that onto a ipad or iphone and connect the camera to it. Nothing seems to happen. It just says looking for camera. I was wondering if something else needs to be done on ios devices to enable the application to see the usb connected camera? Thanks

ImageCaptureCore

Q