Display USDZ 3D model on website without AR

I am trying to build a website where I would like to render the USDZ 3D model on the browser without the AR feature. The user should be able to interact with the 3D model using a pointing device (mouse). If the user wants to see the 3D model in AR she/he can do so by loading the page on a compatible device where the 3D model can be projected in AR.

I am looking for an answer to how to display the USDZ 3D model on the browser without the AR feature.

Take a look at https://modelviewer.dev that should provide you a solid framework to tackle your needs, but you will need to do a little bit of work to also supply a .glb or .gltf but it works splendidly. You don't even have to supply a .usdz any more (unless you have a reason to like an animated. used) as the library can literally create a .usdz on the fly dynamically when/if its needed. The site has plenty of documentation, examples, and editor to aid in creating all the necessary tags, properties, etc. It is a fantastic project and very easy to use and will help you do exactly what you have asked for across desktop and mobile devices.

having trouble displaying a glb that we're hosting online and it's pointing to the texture being too large...

considering using the above option... do you guys know if there's a limit to texture sizes when implementing the ModelViewer?

Display USDZ 3D model on website without AR

Q