Loading CoreML model increases app size?

Hi, i have been noticing some strange issues with using CoreML models in my app. I am using the Whisper.cpp implementation which has a coreML option. This speeds up the transcribing vs Metal.

However every time i use it, the app size inside iphone settings -> General -> Storage increases - specifically the "documents and data" part, the bundle size stays consistent. The Size of the app seems to increase by the same size of the coreml model, and after a few reloads it can increase to over 3-4gb!

I thought that maybe the coreml model (which is in the bundle) is being saved to file - but i can't see where, i have tried to use instruments and xcode plus lots of printing out of cache and temp directory etc, deleting the caches etc.. but no effect.

I have downloaded the container of the iphone from xcode and inspected it, there are some files stored inthe cache but only a few kbs, and even though the value in the settings-> storage shows a few gb, the container is only a few mb.

Please can someone help or give me some guidance on what to do to figure out why the documents and data is increasing? where could this folder be pointing to that is not in the xcode downloaded container??

This is the repo i am using https://github.com/ggerganov/whisper.cpp the swiftui app and objective-C app both do the same thing i am witnessing when using coreml.

Thanks in advance for any help, i am totally baffled by this behaviour

Loading CoreML model increases app size?

Q