Mobile provision "cannot be copied to this iPad because it cannot be played on this iPad"

Trying to install a mobile provision on my iPad from Windows 10 using iTunes. The error message is as above.

I've checked and rechecked the mobile provision. The UUID of my device is contained within my mobile provision. I also tried on MacOS with the same error code.

I'm not sure what else to try. I tried making a new mobile provision, I tried readding my device (which isn't possible since it's just the same UUID as an already existing device.

I updated iTunes to the latest verison, I've upgraded my iPad OS to the latest version (17.5)

As an update, there are NO provisioning profiles that can be added to the iPad, whether development or distribution. The App Id is also irrelevant. I've factory reset the iPad and reenabled developer mode to no avail.

This is a provisioning profile, right? Not a configuration profile? So it has the extension .mobileprovision and not .mobileconfig?

If so, why are you trying to install that? Most folks embed the profile within the app and iOS picks it up from there.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Mobile provision "cannot be copied to this iPad because it cannot be played on this iPad"

Q