Possible to use DataProviders in GroupActivities on VisionOS?

I built two parts of my app a bit disjointed:

• my physics component, which controls all SceneReconstruction, HandTracking, and WorldTracking.
  • my spatial GroupActivities component that allows you to see personas of those that join the activity.

My problem: When trying to use any DataProvider in a spatial experience, I get the ARKit Session Event: dataProviderStateChanged, which disables all of my providers.

My question: Has anyone successfully been able to find a workaround for this? I think it would be amazing to have one user be able to be the "host" for the activity and the scene reconstruction provider still continue to run for them.

Answered by RandalHucker in 787830022

I just figured this out today! For those that are potentially having a similar problem,

Have a class similar to -

@MainActor
class MyClass: ObservableObject, @unchecked Sendable { ... }

Make sure this class has all instances of DataProviders you need and also has an instance of ARKitSession.

Then, in your main file or wherever you declare your App's SwiftUI.Scene, have something similar to this outside of the App block:

@MainActor
enum MyClassContainer {
    private(set) static var myClass = MyClass()
}

and inside of your SwiftUI.Scene block -

ImmersiveSpace(id: "myId") {
    MyImmersionView(myClass: MyClassContainer.myClass)
}
.immersionStyle(selection: $immersiveController.currentStyle, in: .mixed)

then, make sure you actually run the ARKitSession inside of your immersive space inside of a .task{} method chain off the end of the RealityView block!

Hope this helps :)

Accepted Answer

I just figured this out today! For those that are potentially having a similar problem,

Have a class similar to -

@MainActor
class MyClass: ObservableObject, @unchecked Sendable { ... }

Make sure this class has all instances of DataProviders you need and also has an instance of ARKitSession.

Then, in your main file or wherever you declare your App's SwiftUI.Scene, have something similar to this outside of the App block:

@MainActor
enum MyClassContainer {
    private(set) static var myClass = MyClass()
}

and inside of your SwiftUI.Scene block -

ImmersiveSpace(id: "myId") {
    MyImmersionView(myClass: MyClassContainer.myClass)
}
.immersionStyle(selection: $immersiveController.currentStyle, in: .mixed)

then, make sure you actually run the ARKitSession inside of your immersive space inside of a .task{} method chain off the end of the RealityView block!

Hope this helps :)

Possible to use DataProviders in GroupActivities on VisionOS?

Q