Using Cellular Data When Connected to Wifi without Internet

Is it possible to programmatically force iphone to use cellular internet during WIFI connection?

I am connected via WIFI to a device with no internet connection. But I need to use MapKit

Replies

Is it possible to programmatically force iphone to use cellular internet during Wi-Fi connection?

Probably not in the way that you want.

But I need to use MapKit

Right. By default MapKit uses URLSession which uses the default route. I suspect the problem here is that you’re connecting to a Wi-Fi network that claims to lead to the wider Internet but doesn’t. Thus, the device switches the default route to Wi-Fi and that leaves MapKit stranded.

I discuss this issue in detail in the Extra-ordinary Networking, and the various posts it references. Please read them through and then come back here with your follow-up questions.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hi eskimo,

First of all thanks for your response. I have gone through the link which you shared. What i need to achieve is to create a wifi socket with device for data communication and also to use cellular data for MapKit simultaneously.

Which api i have to use to create a socket so that it will communicate through only WiFi interface and also to use cellular data parallelly?

• Hi Eskimo,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through your link. What I need to achieve is to connect wifi tls socket with the device for data communication and use Mapkit with cellular data simultaneously.

What is the api should i use for socket creation so that i can do data communication and use cellular data for Mapkit simultaneously?

Add a Comment