Xcode 9.3 crashing on load.

Xcode 9.3 on High Sierra 10.13.4 on a 2017 iMac. I ran into an issue yesterday where Xcode would crash when I attempted to open any .storyboard file. After troubleshooting for almost 6 hours, I decided to uninstall Xcode, reinstall a new copy of High Sierra, then reinstall Xcode. After doing so, I attempted to launch Xcode and it crashed. Now I can't even open the launch Xcode without it crashing. Any ideas?

Application Specific Information:

ProductBuildVersion: 9E145

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION (NSInternalInconsistencyException): Error getting value for parameter key 'name' of extension 'Xcode.InterfaceBuilderKit.CocoaTouchIntegration.Singletons' in plug-in 'com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderCocoaTouchIntegration'

Accepted Reply

Found somùething a bit similar here :

h ttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/44962684/xcode-9-beta-2-fails-dvtpluginerrordomain-plugin-load-fails

It is with another package,

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION (NSInternalInconsistencyException): Error getting value for parameter key 'name' of extension 'Xcode.InterfaceBuilderKit.PepperIntegration.Singletons' in plug-in 'com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderWatchKitIntegration'

but same solution could apply for you:

reinstalled

XcodeSystemResources.pkg
package. You will find it in here:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Resources/Packages/XcodeSystemResources.pkg

The installer will recreate

/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks
folder with its content. After that Xcode 9 started working for me.

Wish you success.

Replies

Found somùething a bit similar here :

h ttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/44962684/xcode-9-beta-2-fails-dvtpluginerrordomain-plugin-load-fails

It is with another package,

UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION (NSInternalInconsistencyException): Error getting value for parameter key 'name' of extension 'Xcode.InterfaceBuilderKit.PepperIntegration.Singletons' in plug-in 'com.apple.dt.IDE.IDEInterfaceBuilderWatchKitIntegration'

but same solution could apply for you:

reinstalled

XcodeSystemResources.pkg
package. You will find it in here:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Resources/Packages/XcodeSystemResources.pkg

The installer will recreate

/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks
folder with its content. After that Xcode 9 started working for me.

Wish you success.

After two days of trying to troubleshoot, this process ultimately worked. Thanks Claude!