Remote push notifications in TestFlight are not working

I have my remote push notifications managed by cloud messaging in Firebase. When I build my appliation from Xcode, remote push notifications display perfectly on my device. However, any devices that have installed the app through TestFlight will not get the notifications. Will my remote push notifications work once it is launched on the AppStore?

Replies

When you install via Xcode directly you need to send the push notifications through the development URL. Anything installed via TestFlight or App Store needs to be sent through the production URL.

I am facing the same issue, do you have any links that could help me out. I looked through the react native firebase documentation but couldn't find any mention of production vs development URLs. I am currently using the Firebase Admin SDK and am replicating the situation raised by pablof300. Thanks!
how to do / change this URL ?

i am having the same issue at the moment.
I have the similar issue. The notifications are never delivered to the app when the app is launched for the first time from TestFlight. If I kill the app after first launch from TestFlight and restart the app, the push notifications come through.
Had this issue, where notification come through after first killing the app.

Suspected what was happening is firebase initialising before the user grants notification permission.
Then after killing and restarting the app firebase initialises correctly since permission has been given prior.

I resolved by confirming the user has granted permission before the app initialises for the first time
  • how did you grant permission before app initializes for the first time?

• wondering where in the code to make that change. I'm also using react native to request permission so its a bit different perhaps but might be able to make a change in the native code somewhere?

Add a Comment