App no generate crash log

Hello,

My app will crashed(in special case) one sec after the start.

But in xcode organizer and also in iOS device, there are no crash logs.

Can you please advise where problem can be?

App is allready submmited on AppStore and test can be done using strore app.

THX

Replies

It’s unusual, but not impossible, for an app to die without generating a crash report. It sounds like you can reproduce this at will. If so, my recommendation is that you look at the system log at the time of the failure to see if it contains any clues.

You can view the device’s system log by connecting the device to your Mac via USB and then running the macOS Console utility.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Is there a way to configure (in project) how and when crash logs are beeing generated on the device?

Maybe i messed with some settings and now it is ‚broken‘?

Is there a way to configure (in project) how and when crash logs are beeing generated on the device? Maybe i messed with some settings and now it is‚ ‘broken‘?

In my experience that’s not how this comes about. Rather, there are ways for your app to crash that don’t generate a crash report. For example, an unhandled

SIGPIPE
won’t trigger a crash report (r. 13921630).

I must stress that I’ve no evidence that your app is suffering from this specific problem. Rather, my recommendation above (looking at the system log to see what’s happening around the time of the crash) is the way I usually an investigation like this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"