Binary Rejected - Guideline 5.2.3 - Legal - Intellectual Property

Hello Developers .

So I created an app that download Instagram videos to Photo Library , afterall I got this

"

Guideline 5.2.3 - Legal - Intellectual Property

Your app allows users to save or download music, video, or other media content without authorization from the relevant third-party sources.

Specifically, your app allows users to download video from Instagram.

"

I submitted an apeal caliming that Instagram already provides a "Developer API" for such things . And users are able to make their account "Private" and also my app got rejected ?

I googled this issue and found similar situations , but without any solution . I am confused because there are many apps in the Appstore that has the same functionality and yet they havent been rejected , or remeoved ..

Thanks in advance .

Replies

> I created an app that download Instagram video

> Instagram already provides a "Developer API" for such thing

Quoting the instagram SDK docs:

You cannot replicate the core user experience of the Instagram apps or web site. For example, do not build a media viewer.

>I am confused because there are many apps in the Appstore that has the same functionality and yet they havent been rejected , or remeoved

It is perhaps one of the biggest misconceptions about the app store that anything available is a promise of how your apps will or won't be viewed by app review, especially when comparing apps from major houses.

was this resolved? app got approved?
1K views and no answers.

Surely some developers have solved it. But, keeping it a secret so that only their app can download media LOL!

I just got this rejection as well. Gonna try something and if it works will reply here.
Hi, did you solve the issue, got approved? I have the same problem right now, but dont know how to get approved.
Now i have the same issue =(

Any Answer?

Could someone solve the problem? The same thing happens to me with a radio app

• how did you relove this probem,i have the same

Add a Comment

any updates on this issue? with regard to both YouTube and Instagram API embeddings?