No CarPlay option available

On my test iPhones, a SE and a 6S, on Settings, General, I see no CarPlay option below the group "AirDrop" and "Handoff".

On the car, the car tries to connect, and after some 30 seconds, obviously fails, with no error, just reverting back to the "connect to iphone" screen.

Is CarPlay disabled on the first beta? Disabled on the SE? Disabled in certain countries, like in my case, Portugal? Anyone with the same situation?

Accepted Reply

The correct answer is that the CarPlay option will not be visible unless Siri is enabled. It’s just very bad user experience. There should be the CarPlay option on the setting menu, and the next view would say to enable Siri. Connecting to the car should popup on the device that a car tried to connect but please enable Siri. There is not one single piece of information about this requirement on the device. Enabled Siri and CarPlay worked perfectly.

Replies

Is anyone monitoring this discussion thread in the beta group at Apple. It is dated July 1 and it is now July 29 and there has been no reply?

I am having this same issue. Why can't we see Carplay as an option?

The correct answer is that the CarPlay option will not be visible unless Siri is enabled. It’s just very bad user experience. There should be the CarPlay option on the setting menu, and the next view would say to enable Siri. Connecting to the car should popup on the device that a car tried to connect but please enable Siri. There is not one single piece of information about this requirement on the device. Enabled Siri and CarPlay worked perfectly.

Enable the Siri!!!