Can't move slide over from screen

If I have an app in Slide Over I can't move it off the screen. It just bounces back. I need to put it in Split View and then move the divider all to the side to remove it. Anyone else.

I tested it on a new iPad mini.

Swipe up on it from the bottom like you would close an app. Once you do that it will show you all the slide over apps open. Swipe up on it again along with any others you may have open and it will be gone.

I'm seeing the same thing. Re-install, restarts, multi-tasking off and on have no effect. As my favourite new feature it's quite annoying, especially as most people aren't having the issue.

Did you restore from iCloud by chance?

To follow-up: I've just tried setting up my 2018 12.9" iPad Pro as new and still have the same issue, so it's not the restore causing an issue.

I've still been unable to resolve this issue. Anyone have any insights?

1. Swipe up on the bottom of your slide over app.

2. Once the app switcher shows up it should show any apps you have open for slide over on the window.

3. Swipe up on any app you want to remove from the slide over view. closing all of them will remove the slide over window.

Swiping the slide over window to the right of the screen will no longer work.

Are you trying the above steps and still not having any luck closing the slide over?

That dismissed the view, but that doesn’t actually solve the underlying problem. We should be able swipe the slide over offscreen to get it out of the way. Right now it just gets stuck. We’ll have to wait for a fix in a later beta.

It works if you grab the left edge of the slide over app. You have to touch more or less exactly on the left edge of the slide over window, but if you do you can throw the app to the right side of the screen or slide it off to the right entirely. Once you do that, you can slide it back over by sliding from the right hand bezel to the left and you’ll get a little left facing arrow / chevron. Slide again on that to pull the slide over app back onto the screen. I found that one to be a little flakey and took a couple of tries. As everyone above has said, grabbing the top or bottom “grab bars” doesn’t allow you to move the application off screen. — Dan

Thanks for the tip! That does work, seems a bit fiddley. I would have assumed that dragging on the bar at the top of the slide over would do the same. I can perform the gesture reliably now that I know what to do, but the fact that so many seem confused about it is probably a sign that it could be easier. Or if requires that much precision, have some instruction on how to do it the first time. Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip! Works flawlessly for me, but as Chad said, it seems odd not to use the handle at the top as per the previous version. I didn't even think to try this way.

Can't move slide over from screen

Q