NFC and Shortcuts?

I know there were screenshots of an NFC option for personal automation, but I don't see it in the public beta. Is it working for anyone else, or did the mention that it's not ready yet?

Replies

In the more recent iOS version (13+ I believe) - the Shortcuts app has ability to add an Automation -> Create Personal Automation, then choose the "NFC" setting in the Setting group. You will need to scan an NFC tag, name it and then you're able to create any further actions. Once setup, whenever you place phone near that same tag - the automation will occur. You can program the automation to run with or without asking for the user's permission.
Hi! You can use NFC in the Shortcuts for personal automation, but it is only available with iPhone XS or later and iOS 13.1 or later. With other devices, you won't be able to see that option.
Personal automations with NFC is in the current version of shortcuts, however it requires a iPhone Xr/Xs or newer.

These iPhones have a NFC radio that supports low power reading of tags in the background.