XPC error when trying to edit any UITextField

Hello,

When I tap on any UITextField in my app, I get this error and the app frizzes :

2019-10-22 15:46:43.424910+0200 platsminnen[60881:6394944] XPC connection interrupted

Do you have any what is the problem with my UITextFields ?

Thanks for your help.

/Redha

Accepted Reply

Hello again,

The problem is solved. I spent almost half a day on this simple issue...

The problem came from the keyboard that wasn't showing up. And I am not really sure why, I probably pressed a command that disables it.

To get it to work I have restarted the simulator. In the simulator menu, Hardware > Erase All Content And Settings

Now when I tap in a UITextField, the keyboard shows up and I don't get the "XPC connection interrupted" error anymore. Everything works fine.

Sorry for the disturbance.

/Redha

Replies

Hello again,

The problem is solved. I spent almost half a day on this simple issue...

The problem came from the keyboard that wasn't showing up. And I am not really sure why, I probably pressed a command that disables it.

To get it to work I have restarted the simulator. In the simulator menu, Hardware > Erase All Content And Settings

Now when I tap in a UITextField, the keyboard shows up and I don't get the "XPC connection interrupted" error anymore. Everything works fine.

Sorry for the disturbance.

/Redha

/Redha

No need for the "Sorry for the disturbance". I struggled with exactly this issue for 1/2 a day. Clearly there is a bug in the simm somewhere and reseting (which takes for $$**ing ever is the only solution.