XCode 11 CopySwiftLibs not copying any of the dylibs ...

Using latest Xcode 11 11a1027 on Cathalina and using development target at iOS 12.2.

Have the always embed swift standard libraries to yes in my xcode projects.

The copy Switft standard library step creates a folder SwiftSupport/iphoneos but it's content is always empty....

tried tons of different solutions nothing worked.

Can somebody explain why the app is working fine on my phone target but the ipa does not have the swift core librararies being copied...

when i scan my folders on my disk I see tons of

Library/Developer//Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport/11.4 (15F79)/Symbols/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Swift/libswiftGameplayKit.dylib

and other core framework libs but somehow the core library copy section does not copy anything in the folder.

CopySwiftLibs /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/ExampleVpn.app

cd /Users/example/Documents/example_vpn/src/frontends/ios/ExampleVpn

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

export DEVELOPER_DIR=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

export SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS13.1.sdk

builtin-swiftStdLibTool --copy --verbose --sign XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX --scan-executable /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/ExampleVpn.app/ExampleVpn --scan-folder /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications//ExampleVpn.app/Frameworks --scan-folder /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications//ExampleVpn.app/PlugIns --scan-folder /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS13.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/GameKit.framework --scan-folder /Users/example/Documents/example_vpn/src/frontends/ios/ExampleVpn/Fabric.framework --scan-folder /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS13.1.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/NetworkExtension.framework --scan-folder /Users/example/Documents/example_vpn/src/frontends/ios/ExampleVpn/Crashlytics.framework --scan-folder /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/BuildProductsPath/Debug-iphoneos/TunnelServices.framework --platform iphoneos --toolchain /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain --destination /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications//ExampleVpn.app/Frameworks --unsigned-destination /Users/example/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ExampleVpn-fibrpsghmpkwgeaipeussdvyyumd/ArchiveIntermediates/ExampleVpn/BuildProductsPath/SwiftSupport --strip-bitcode

Requested Swift ABI version based on scanned binaries: 7

Replies

For posterity 🙂

We ended up updating the xcode 11 build system to non-legacy and the folder swiftsupport disappeared from the apk...

So if you end up having issues with the swift support folder, suggest that route if you had been using the legacy method.