Client is missing required entitlement

I am running an ionic app that plays some audio.

When playing an audio on a physical device file I get the following error (Running on a simulator works fine)

Error acquiring assertion: <NSError: 0x28054f690; domain: RBSAssertionErrorDomain; code: 2; reason: "Client is missing required entitlement"> {

userInfo = {

RBSAssertionAttribute = <RBSLegacyAttribute: 0x147e44520; requestedReason: MediaPlayback; reason: MediaPlayback; flags: PreventTaskSuspend | PreventTaskThrottleDown | WantsForegroundResourcePriority>;

}

}

The provisioning profile includes the Inter-App audio capability and it has been added to the configuration in xcode.

The plist also includes thr UIBackgroundModes - App plays audio or streams audio/video using AirPlay

Replies

That's a question to ask to ionic support.

I'm getting the same error with my Ionic app. Did you get anywhere?

I am getting the same error in my own app. Xcode 11.4.1, iPadOS 13.4.1, Objective-C, using a WKWebView to a videoplayer.

See https://stackoverflow.com/a/58889528/872051 as well.

Hello,

We have the same issue but it works on iOS device and it doesn't work in the simulator, same version of iOS (13.5) on both.

The device on which it works is an iPhone 6S, in the simulator it gives the same error on all the iPhone versions.

We are trying to use wkwebview in an ionic application to play a video stream.

The stream works fine with the player in Android and it works even in Safari on the iOS.

[assertion] Error acquiring assertion: <NSError: 0x600002a89470; domain: RBSAssertionErrorDomain; code: 2; reason: "Client is missing required entitlement"> {

userInfo = {

RBSAssertionAttribute = <RBSLegacyAttribute: 0x7f8e37412d40; requestedReason: MediaPlayback; reason: MediaPlayback; flags: PreventTaskSuspend | PreventTaskThrottleDown | WantsForegroundResourcePriority>;

}

Could it be related to some XCode setting maybe ? But which one ?

Thank you

same issue...
I've been encountering this with an Ionic/Phaser game I develop. The reason was my use of .wav files instead of .mp3 files.

In iOS 14.2 I'm seeing this in every video I play in WKWebKit. I'm thinking the most likely cause is a missing "Entitlement" in info.plist or missing CORS headers for some of the content, or unexpected MIME types for the subtitles.