Xcode fails to build on device

I'm having some trouble deploying from Xcode onto my iPhone. I have already referenced these questions with no results:

Xcode Command CodeSign failed with non zero when deploying to device

Xcode ios app development code signing

unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer

I've tried:

-wiping my certificates and re-logging into xcode

-Checking "Allow all applications to access this item" on my certificate

-security unlock-keychain login.keychain

-Making a brand new Apple ID

-Resetting my default keychain

I'm just deploying a blank app from the single view application template (works fine on a simulator). I've tried on 3 different iPhones now, all with the same error message. It's very long so I'll try to pick out the important parts.

Copy Swift standard libraries into /Users/chanson20/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/launch

Probing signature of /Users/chanson20/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/launch-fwhufgczegkhoucksbufolwbzobq/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/launch.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib

/usr/bin/codesign -r- --display /Users/chanson20/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/launch-fwhufgczegkhoucksbufolwbzobq/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/launch.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib

/Users/chanson20/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/launch-fwhufgczegkhoucksbufolwbzobq/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/launch.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib: code object is not signed at all

Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer "Apple Development: {email address here} (QKT3CGGFX8)"

/Users/chanson20/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/launch-fwhufgczegkhoucksbufolwbzobq/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/launch.app/Frameworks/libswiftCoreGraphics.dylib: errSecInternalComponent

error: Failed with exit code 1 (in target 'launch' from project 'launch')

I am not enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, but I was under the impression that this was not required:

you can develop and test your apps on your iOS device without a paid Apple Developer account

You don’t need to purchase the $99/year membership to be able to transfer your own app to your own device

You will no longer need a paid Program membership to deploy apps on your own device

Replies

I am having the same issue. I am building a hello world app and simply trying to publish into a device. Xcode 11 Catalina . Furthermore, I am enrolled in the program. Watching for a solution.

This solution worked for me! Xcode warned me about another certificate that needed to "Use system default". But no warning for this one. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58326124/command-usr-bin-codesign-failed-with-exit-code-1-on-xcode-11