Safari passwords on subdomains

When I login to an account on a subdomain of a main domain, I want to be able to store a separate password for the same login id on the main domain account. This doesn't seem possible in the current Safari implementation.

eg: domain.com is the main domain and is the general information site.

my.domain.com is the subdomain that hosts the customer support.

I want different passwords on each for the same login ID... Can't I do this?

--marcel

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nanoplane Down vote post of nanoplane
8.2k views

Replies

From a.domain to z.domain.com we have more than 100 sub domain maybe and I can't manage passwords. I really don't understand why Apple does not see and solve this problem. Ridiculous!

It is really sad to realize that somebody has reported this annoying issue 3 years ago, and Apple chose to ignore it.

• This is quite impressive. Probably it would help, if it was discussed in more public forums.

Add a Comment

Same issue here... This dumb issue makes password keychain unusable in many scenarios... This is ridiculous!

Same issue, posting in hope this gets a fix.

Is anyone from Apple watching this? This is a HUGE barrier to people going all-in with Apple Password Manager. Please prioritize this fix!!!

Found a "bad" quick fix: if cases don't matter in username, you can just give each entry a different variation.

For example user123, User123, uSer123, ...

Not the solution one would want, but it works for now