Device locked and can not unlock with iPhone

i took the Watch off the charger and it said Device Locked, put Apple Watch on and unlock with iPhone, which is normal.

No matter how many times I unlock the iPhone, the Watch won't unlock. I tried unlocking the phone with Touch ID and manually typing the password, I rebooted the Watch and iPhone

is there any way to erase the Watch or do anything else to get past this ?

• Same here, reset don’t work for me. And I am in the latest ios and watch os

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

Yes.

You can use these steps:

1. Connect your Apple Watch to its Apple Magnetic Charging Cable.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  3. Force Press Power Off and tap Erase all content and settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204567

• Mine is new Apple 6 Series, with all updated software. Since Overnight my watch behaving very typically.

My watch was displaying something unusual numbers on watch face instead of clock.I tried to get rid of this, but failed miserably.My watch stopped responding to Tap (touch screen commands)I tried using your steps , but dint able to turn it off .Its still locked and unable to turn it off, not able to unpair nor able to erase.

give me the work around solutions.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yes.

You can use these steps:

1. Connect your Apple Watch to its Apple Magnetic Charging Cable.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  3. Force Press Power Off and tap Erase all content and settings.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204567

• Mine is new Apple 6 Series, with all updated software. Since Overnight my watch behaving very typically.

My watch was displaying something unusual numbers on watch face instead of clock.I tried to get rid of this, but failed miserably.My watch stopped responding to Tap (touch screen commands)I tried using your steps , but dint able to turn it off .Its still locked and unable to turn it off, not able to unpair nor able to erase.

give me the work around solutions.

Add a Comment

Did it work for you?

Sorry, just came to see if anyone replied and saw your 2 replies.

Yes, it did work ! Thank you so much ! I thought I was going have to send it in for "repair"

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

To mark your question as answered (it goes green so that others can easily see there is a solution for it) you have to log in to these Developer Forums first (top left of this page) and then come back to this thread.

Done. Thanks again

I tried what was suggested, but my phone still did but I am still getting the “Device locked...” message even when I’ve unlocked my phone. And the app on my phone goes to the “Start Paring” screen as if my watch was never paired.
what do i try now?
I have repeated this process several times...

Connect your Apple Watch to its Apple Magnetic Charging Cable.
Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
Force Press Power Off and tap Erase all content and settings.

However, my watch always returns to a locked state. It does not appear as a paired device on my phone nor can I re-pair the watch.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you