USDZConvert 0.63 is buggy

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/usdpython/usdzconvert/usdzconvert", line 17, in 
    usdUtils.printError("failed to import pxr module. Please add path to USD Python bindings to your PYTHONPATH.")
NameError: name 'usdUtils' is not defined

I kept getting that error and unable to solve it.

In older version of USDZConvert like version 0.62, I just unzip the tool and run usdzconvert after running USD.command and it will simply works. But with version 0.63, for few months now I cannot run the latest USDZConvert 😟 I have reported this many times to Apple and not resolved.

Maybe 0.64 USDZConvert can fix this?

Or is there in anyway I can fix the path error message?

Thanks!

Replies

Same problem here, I get a message saying that:

Error: Failed to import fbx module. Please install FBX Python bindings from http://www.autodesk.com/fbx and add path to FBX Python SDK to your PYTHONPATH

Error: failed to create USD stage.

Did you figure out how to solve this?

Have you tried 0.64? It's been out for 6 weeks or so now. Wondering which version to download to get started.

0.64 workes for me, doing a simple usdzconvert.

But I am still tryint to figure out how to use the python script on sample folder. If someone can help with that I highly appreciate!

@manemanero I can confirm that simply load and install the 0.64 Version over an existing 0.63 install solves the mentioned failure in thgis topic in the pythonpath missing to find the pxr module. I am on Mojave.
I also got

Code Block
Error: Failed to import pxr module. ( I guess it is for Pixar). Please add PATH to USD Python Bindings in ..

I am not super sure how to set up the PATH, on .zsh in my macOS Big Sour. Do you know how to add, I saw something in Stackoverflow but it doesn't work for me.

And also I am not able to make it work unfortunately. Any suggestions?!

With latest macOS Monterey, the path is failed again even if I use USD.command

Error: failed to import pxr module. Please add path to USD Python bindings to your PYTHONPATH