creating xml file from application and posting it to some local network file system

Hi,

I have search alot but not finding anything relevent. i need to generate or create an xml file in my ios app and then post it some network drive.

I found NSXMLPARSER and many framworks but it doesn't provide any interface to create an .xml file. Can anyone help me with this. I don't want to use third party lib and all.

Please help!!

Thanks!!

Answered by DTS Engineer in 75931022

I found NSXMLPARSER and many framworks but it doesn't provide any interface to create an .xml file. Can anyone help me with this.

iOS doesn’t have any high-level APIs for creating XML. You can create xml using the libxml2 low-level API. This is an open source library so there’s no documentation on Apple’s web site; instead you’ll have to look at the project’s web site.

I’ve used this API (specifically

<libxml/xmlwriter.h>
) to write XML and it worked pretty well for me.

Of course, the cool kids these days are writing JSON, which is directly supported by a high-level API (NSJSONSerialization).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Accepted Answer

I found NSXMLPARSER and many framworks but it doesn't provide any interface to create an .xml file. Can anyone help me with this.

iOS doesn’t have any high-level APIs for creating XML. You can create xml using the libxml2 low-level API. This is an open source library so there’s no documentation on Apple’s web site; instead you’ll have to look at the project’s web site.

I’ve used this API (specifically

<libxml/xmlwriter.h>
) to write XML and it worked pretty well for me.

Of course, the cool kids these days are writing JSON, which is directly supported by a high-level API (NSJSONSerialization).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

thanks!!

creating xml file from application and posting it to some local network file system

Q