Handle file uploads within WKWebView

Hi guys,

i am new to the iOS plattform as a developer and struggeling a bit with the new WKWebView.

I made an app that handles registration and login process with nativ views and communicates via REST API with the Server.

In one View i use the WKWebView to show an Web-Interface. This is not locale on the phone. Everythings is working fine instead of a file upload.

I can choose images via camera or from the library, but after submitting the files the webview load the first page of the web interface.

I tried this with 3rd party uploaders like plupload.com or blueimp.github.io/jQuery-File-Upload ... but it never works.

The documentation of the WKWebView does not mention anything related to file handling.

So i am asking for some help in this forum.

The upload works in Safari and Chrome by the way. But the SFSafariViewController is not a possible way for me because i con not customize the view.

Thanks and sry for my poor english.

Replies

Because i had blog post where people ask for a solution but don't report the solution if they fix it.

In my case i made an mistake with the app lifecycle. So i changed the webview URL within viewDidAppear and after uploading a file this was called and loaded the base url. So i thought that the upload did not work.

Hopefully this helps others to prevent this mistake 🙂

• Hi Markus! I am having problems uploading Files/Images on a WKWebview running a html page also, and I see that after selecting the image "viewDidAppear" is called again.

But I am not loading any URL within viewDidAppear and the image doesn't upload.

Do you have any additional code in your app that allows the webview to handle the page's request to upload?

Add a Comment

Thank you very much,this help me a lot

Yea that was my issue too. Thanks for posting the fix.

Mine also, thanks!