How to create Ad Hoc deployment in Xcode 7.1?

Hi All,

I have a new version of an existing app that I am developing.

I am able to successfully build an IPA for TestFlight distribution - this works fine.

My problem is I can't create an Ad Hoc build.

Why do I need an Ad Hoc build? We still have a significant number of user still on iOS7. I can not use the TestFlight functionality - as it is specific to iOS 8 and above. It is my understanding that to install on iOS 7 devices, I need to create an Ad Hoc build of my app.

When I attempt to do this, I get the following error:

"Failed to locate or generate matching signing assets: Xcode attempted to locate or generate matching signing assets and failed to do so because of the following issues. You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support."

To make things more fun, I am a vendor for another company, and I do not have access to their iTunes Connect.

They created for me an Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile, but it seems that XCode can't find it? This Ad Hoc Provisioning Profile shows up when I go to XCode > Preferences, then select my Team Name, and View Details.

Also something else I noticed, if I go to XCode > Preferences, then select my Team Name, and View Details: I have a 'Create' button next to all of my SIgning Identities. As if XCode is not aware of them.

What am I missing? Why can't I build an Ad Hoc distribution?

Thanks

PS - this forum doesn't support images? I was going to post some screenshots...

Replies

I am now able to build an Ad Hoc distribution. There is a checkbox for 'Rebuild from Bitcode'. If I deselect that, the build works. Hope this helps someone.

Hello,

I have the same issue ! Where is the checkbox located ?

Thanks,

Rene

Product > Archive, then select the Archive, and hot the Export button.

Then select 'Save for Ad Hoc Deployment', and hit next.

Choose your team, and then select 'Export one app for all compatible devices'

It will build the IPA, and then show a Summary screen that will show your App Icon, Binary and Entitlements, and Provisioning Profile.

At the bottom of this secreen, deselect the 'Rebuild from Bitcode' checkbox.

I'm not sure why, but after deselecting this, I was able to build the Ad Hoc deployment.

That is the reason why I was not able to see the checkbox ... I receive the error :

"Failed to locate or generate matching signing assets: Xcode attempted to locate or generate matching signing assets and failed to do so because of the following issues. You are not allowed to perform this operation. Please check with one of your Team Admins, or if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support."

As soon as I choose my team. Can't go further.

Seems I will need to call Apple. Thanks for your help !

Rene