iOS 9.2 google chrome vpn proxy auth popup issue

Hi All,

I am using IOS 9.2 VPN with proxy settings (IPSEC). Everything is fine. VPN is working and proxy is working with Safari but with Google Chrome it is showing the popup. My problem is that I cannot let user to add it manually becuase of 2 reasons one is security and other is user dont know the credentials. Can any one have work arround for google chrome.

Other question why Apple has approved Google chrome if it is not comapatilble with IOS settings ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34490048/ios-9-2-vpn-with-proxy-settings-ipsec-google-chrome-issue

Warm Regards

Replies

VPN is working and proxy is working with Safari but with Google Chrome it is showing the popup.

This is a common problem with apps that do their own networking, bypassing the high-level NSURL{Session,Connection} APIs. As to why the app works that way, that’s a question for its developer.

Other question why Apple has approved Google chrome if it is not comapatilble with IOS settings ?

Ensure this sort of detailed low-level compatibility is not within App Review’s purview.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi, Eskimo,

As far as your reply

VPN is working and proxy is working with Safari but with Google Chrome it is showing the popup.

This is a common problem with apps that do their own networking, bypassing the high-level NSURL{Session,Connection} APIs. As to why the app works that way, that’s a question for its developer.

I want to say that it is not due to app. If you install / configure VPN profile manually with proxy authentications , regardless of app. Still this issue comes. Like you goto Settings and configure VPN profile and connect it. It is working with Safari, FireFox but not with Google Chrome for IOS. That is my question !