is it possible to set alarm in iPhone’s default Alarm Clock from other application ?

• I'm looking for a way to set up a new alarm in the actual IOS Alarm Clock application from a new (self-created) app.
  • Basically, the app I'm creating would programmatically add a new alarm to the Default alarm Clock app, which would then simply behave as it normally does -- making the built-in alarm clock ring when the time arrives.

Accepted Reply

is it possible to set alarm in iPhone’s default Alarm Clock from other application ?

No.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

No.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Thanks for reply.
But please give me proper reason if u know

As far as I know the rationale for this has never been publicly documented. However, the iOS sandbox does not, in general, allow app A to make changes that affect app B or the system as a whole.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

And is it possible to get current alrams times ?

And is it possible to get current [alarm] times ?

No.

The story here is quite simple: the features implemented in the Clock app (a set of clocks to display, a set of alarms, the stopwatch and the timer) have no API whatsoever.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

Siri can set clock alarm on IOS 10.3 version.

But i can not find out how it is done programmatically.

How is it implemented for Siri?

>How is it implemented for Siri?

Via private API that only Apple can employ (and know), vs. public API that developers are allowed to use (and know).