Detect if a device has Night Shift mode active?

I have looked a bit in the iOS 9.3 API Diffs, as well as searching the developer website and these forums, and did not see any references.

Is there an API determine if Night Shift is active?

Accepted Reply

No, there is currently not an API for determining if Night Shift is active. If this is something that's important for you, please file a bug report with the relevant details as to why it's important to your specific case.

Replies

Well, maybe asking the second time will be a charm? Hey anyone, is there a way to detect if Night Shift mode is active or not? And is there a way to turn it off?

It plays heck with game lighting and I'd sure like a way for players to opt-out other than always having to tap the button themselves everytime the sim is played.

No, there is currently not an API for determining if Night Shift is active. If this is something that's important for you, please file a bug report with the relevant details as to why it's important to your specific case.

It has been more than a year now and more iOS versions out the door. Has this been implemented? Is there a way to determine if night shift is active in iOS 10 or iOS 11? Or a method to turn it off?

This is important in medical imaging apps where you do not want the screen characteristics to change behind the users back so to speak.

What is the Radar number of the bug you filed?

I have not filed a bug report (suggestion). I did not start this thread which is more than a year old. I was just hoping that perhaps someone knew if anything had been done in the recent iOS releases to address this. If not then I will file a bug report.

I’m also still interested in whether we can programmatically detect if Night Shift Mode is on.

For an App that simulates colors, it is essential to know Night Shift Mode is on and warn the user accordingly. Still no way to detect this?