I'm trying to start Appium with a given .ipa and run the Inspector while my device (ipad mini 2) is connected to my mac machine via usb cable, but I'm getting such error:
[iOSLog] [IOS_SYSLOG_ROW] May 30 14:23:05 Test-iPad notification_proxy <Error>: 0x16e247000 -[MNPLockdownConnection receiveMessage]: lockdown_receive_message error!
While I google it I found that in order to solve it need to enable the UI Automation option from Developers options in the device itself.
But I cant see "Developers Options" in the settings of my device (with ios 9.3.1 - XCode 6.4)!
I serached for it and found that in order to enable it need to have a provisioninf profile:
- Run Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- In the iOS Dev Center, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- In the iOS Apps panel, click Provisioning Profiles.
- Click +.
- Select iOS App Development and click Continue.
- Select an App ID to associate with the provisioning profile and click Continue.
To be able to use one development provisioning profile across multiple apps, select a wildcard App ID, if available.
- Select one or more certificates for development to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
Only certificates for development are listed.
- Select one or more devices to include in the provisioning profile and click Continue.
- Enter a name for the profile and click Generate.
- (Optional) Click Download to download the provisioning profile.
But when signing in with my account I have no such option: Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.