avAudioPlayer OSStatus error 2003334207

I am getting the following error when I click a cell in my table view.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2003334207

Only the latest recording URL plays other wise I get the above error.

Bad thing is it was working fine before.

Accepted Reply

Not much to go on here in terms of details, but a couple of things:

• The error 2003334207 is actually a four character code 'wht?' (you can use the Programmer mode of the Calculator app to show the ASCII)
  • It is defined in AudioFile.h as kAudioFileUnspecifiedError = 'wht?', // 0x7768743F, 2003334207

So while that's great, it's not very helpful since the definition of the error is simply - "An unspecified error has occurred"

It may be helpful if you moved the "broken" code out of your table view handing into somewhere else where debugging the playback logic could be a little easier - ensure that the AVAudioSession is correctly setup, the URL is correct if for example calling initWithContentsOfURL: is where AVAudioFilePlayer is returning the above error and so on.

Replies

Not much to go on here in terms of details, but a couple of things:

• The error 2003334207 is actually a four character code 'wht?' (you can use the Programmer mode of the Calculator app to show the ASCII)
  • It is defined in AudioFile.h as kAudioFileUnspecifiedError = 'wht?', // 0x7768743F, 2003334207

So while that's great, it's not very helpful since the definition of the error is simply - "An unspecified error has occurred"

It may be helpful if you moved the "broken" code out of your table view handing into somewhere else where debugging the playback logic could be a little easier - ensure that the AVAudioSession is correctly setup, the URL is correct if for example calling initWithContentsOfURL: is where AVAudioFilePlayer is returning the above error and so on.

Thank you! 🙂

I was retrieving my url stored from the core data and somehow they got changed during the insertion.

Because of your answer I investigated, and was able to resolve the issue by retrieving the correct path using the file manager instead.

I am new and every little set back shatters the confidence. You made my day.

Thank you!🙂