Maximum number of devices

Hi,

I have multiple Hue bridges set up in Homekit. Nearly 200 devices in all.

When I get over about 170 devices Homekit stops syncing between my iPad and iPhone.

I can see no documentation around what the maximum number of devices allowed in Homekit is, is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Accepted Answer

There is a hard limit of 1000 accessories/home but your situation is more likely to be HomeKit hitting the CloudKit single record size limit (1MB). Currently there isn't a way to workaround the problem since HomeKit syncs all of its data via a single CKRecord...

Answers

There is a hard limit of 1000 accessories/home but your situation is more likely to be HomeKit hitting the CloudKit single record size limit (1MB). Currently there isn't a way to workaround the problem since HomeKit syncs all of its data via a single CKRecord...

is it possible to increase the (I guess free) record size limit? Any other workarounds possible?
if the hard limit is 1000 accessories/home, why in the case of @dgburton homekit is hitting the cloudkit limit? 1MB x 200 devices
I have a similar problem with 200 homekit devices in 1 account. What if I create another account and have 100 devices in 1 account and the other 100 devices on the second account? I can easily just share/invite the first 100 devices/home with the second account.