Bookmark or watch forum thread?

I realize I can bookmark using a web browser but that's not ideal. Is there a way to watch a thread with the new forums and have it show up under your profile? I feel like I am missing something very obvious here.

Is there a way to watch a thread with the new forums and have it show up under your profile?

No, although this is a much-requested feature (sufficiently requested that there’s no need for you to file your own bug about it).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Wouldn't it be a better idea to use Discourse as https://forums.swift.org does? I believe it already has browser and email notifications, along other nice features like automatic moderation, replies, etc.

The user's “Edit Profile” page offers a suite of checkboxes, purporting to offer e-mail notifications:

(I don't know how long these have existed, but I discovered them a couple of days ago when tweaking my profile.)

In any case, they don't seem to work. As evidenced by the screen shot, I have them all turned on; however, I received a reply to a recent forum posting “about 5 hours ago” (per its dateline), but haven't received any e-mail. (I examined my server logs, and no relevant inbound SMTP attempts were made.)

Is there a significant delay in notification, or is this feature broken?

I’ve seen sporadic reports of this feature failing. I don’t use this it myself, so I don’t have any direct evidence either way, although I figured that if it were failing for everyone I would’ve heard about it.

Anyway, I will set aside time to test this for myself, but I can’t do that during WWDC week. I’ve made a note to come back to this next week.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks a lot Quinn!!!

The following don't seem to be working for me:

• Upvoting an answer, shows as upvoted but when I signout the upvote doesn't show as upvoted
  • Email notification as mentioned above don't work even selected

Also it would be nice to have email notifications checked by default for the question you ask, as most people would expect that by default.

IMHO improving the website can directly improve the engagement with in the developers as more people will use the forums and more questions would get asked and answered.

Bookmark or watch forum thread?

Q