Widgets Not Appearing in Simulator

Apple Recommended

Replies

Hi,

Sorry that is happening. If you could file a feedback that would be helpful and will allow you to follow our updates to the issue. Other people have reported this when they are using Intent based configurations.

To workaround: Test on a real device, or use Xcode Previews.
My widget appears in the simulator but if I try to add it with the widgets list, it doesn’t appear in that list.
A possible fix is discussed in another thread. You have to make sure to uncheck 'Include Configuration Intent' when adding the new the Widget Extension target.
Kind of a bummer here - I don't have a hardware device that I can "sacrifice" to the beta "Gods" so I'm just not really able to do this lab as is because it won't work in sim. Really like the code-along concept so I hope it stays around.
Thanks for the 'Include Configuration Intent' hint, that does help for running the extension.

But, I can't get Xcode Previews to work at all (not even with the WWDC-provided sample code). Getting errors similar to:

RemoteHumanReadableError

PreviewAgentError: Statically rendering previews is not supported on iOS simulators

Any ideas?
It would be helpful if this could be mentioned in the Xcode 12 beta release notes.
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-12-beta-release-notes/
I cannot get Preview, or Widget in Sim with direct scheme to work at all with my VERY SIMPLE one line of text widget.
[ProcessError: Failed to launch widget extension: The operation couldn’t be completed. (Foundation._GenericObjCError error 0.)] = Not entirely helpful.

WRT the "code-along" (or rather: watch-someone-paste-huge-chunks-of-indecipherable-code-with-insufficient-explanation-along) examples, had an issue where the .widgetURL() was preventing the widget.content from showing in the preview: commenting-out allowed the gfx to show.

it seems, the sample code is missing AppDelegate and SceneDelegate (I can see those files in project on video, but the absent in file directory). could it be a reason?
Have the same problem Xcode 12beta3
my Widget still now showing in widget selection list, even in xcode 12-beta 3.
If I create new project, it shows.
What's difference?
Since Xcode beta 3, my widget will show in the widget gallery when building in the Debug configuration. However, when I build for simulator or physical device in Release configuration (and distribute through Testflight), the widget doesn't show up in the widget gallery.

I believe this was working fine for me up until beta 3. Or is there some build setting that maybe have changed between the configs that could cause this?
Still have close problems. After successful build, the simulator starts, but the widget isn't showed. The same problem with real device. Xcode 12 beta 4 :(
Something similar is happening here. Randomly works in one device and doesn't on another. Both with same iOS version. On one device it worked, but now any changes in the code are not showing anymore, it seems the executable is not being updated when running the widget scheme or the app itself.