No webRequestBlocking?

Code Block
The following keys in your manifest.json are not supported by your current version of Safari. If these are critical to your extension, you should review your code to see if you need to make changes to support Safari:
storage
webRequestBlocking
incognito
privacy

What am I supposed to use for webRequestBlocking with Safari? (Seems this would be one of the most desired keys for web extensions?)

Replies

Yes, blocking webRequest is not supported in Safari Web Extensions. If this is something you would like to see, please send us feedback with what you are trying to do via Feedback Assistant.

For content blocking, you can consider making a high-performance, privacy-preserving content blocker extension, which is supported in Safari on iOS and macOS.
Same issue here so I submitted feedback. I'm glad someone posted about this. I use webRequest blocking in the following extension: https://github.com/reveddit/real-time-extension/ . It shows moderator actions on reddit. Without webRequest blocking there is no way to provide this transparency within quarantined subreddits.