How about worldwide valid voucher codes?

Hello everybody. I just watch the presentation for new features of business manager. I'm missing some more information about voucher codes for custom apps. By now you can only create codes for the country your company is registered.

As we are an international company and Switzerland is very small, we have many employees from Germany, France, Italy or Austria with store accounts from this countries.

We are still not able so provide custom voucher codes to let them gain access to one of our (free) custom app without using an mdm solution.

Isn't there any solution planned?

Thanks
Marius

Accepted Reply

VPP supported this feature but this was lost in move to ABM.

We have tickets filed for this as well.

Note ABM does not support international Locations at present so I recommend also highlighted that in your request if it’s relevant to you.

Managed Apple IDs and Enterprise iCloud hosting are another feature set that would benefit from international Location or Multiple Organizations and location support in one ABM instance.

Replies

VPP supported this feature but this was lost in move to ABM.

We have tickets filed for this as well.

Note ABM does not support international Locations at present so I recommend also highlighted that in your request if it’s relevant to you.

Managed Apple IDs and Enterprise iCloud hosting are another feature set that would benefit from international Location or Multiple Organizations and location support in one ABM instance.
This is a huge gap with custom apps currently. As a developer, I can say within appstore connect that the app should be available in various countries, but when my customer uses their Apple Business Manager to get Redemption Codes for their app that I made for them, those redemption codes are only redeemable in the same country where my customer created their ABM account.

This means that companies who have employees in more than one country, cannot use custom apps in Apple Business Manager with redemption codes.

Custom apps distributed by MDM (rather than redemption codes) don't have this country limitation, but with the rise of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) many companies are eschewing the use of MDM. Just ask an employee to enroll their phone on your company MDM... it's not feasible, and they're not going to do it.

As Developers and as Customers of custom apps, we need to be able have the Apple Business Manager Redemption Codes be redeemable in any of the countries that the developer specified in Appstore Connect - Not just in the country where the customer registered their Apple Business Manager account.

BYOD and remote working across international borders mean that Apple's solution here is behind the times. Please address this Apple!

We are having same issue. Apple needs to address this as soon as possible. Redemption code generated from ABM should work in any region.

Using MDM for BYOD is insane. No one will signup for company apps using MDM on personal devices.
This means that companies who have employees in more than one country, cannot use custom apps in Apple Business Manager with redemption codes.

How is the employees country determined? Is it someones iCloud / AppStore registered country?