Xcode 12 beta 1 `po` command in debug console doesn't work

Replies

Hi Thongchai,

That's definitely not expected. Are you debugging an Objective-C or Swift application? Can you see the variables with v instead of po?
I'm having the same issue. po and p doesn't print anything. v works as expected.
Having the same issue here, also when I right click on a variable and click "Print Description of <variable>" I get this in the console

Code Block
Cannot create Swift scratch context (couldn't load the Swift stdlib)Printing description of self.<variable>:
expression produced no result

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of zwa Down vote reply of zwa
It would be great to get Feedback tickets for those issues so that we can collect the appropriate logs.
I encounter this problem as well, Xcode 12 beta 2. Already posted a bug report. My message in the debugger window:
Code Block
2020-07-19 08:57:47.984596+0200 ***[1905:104396] libMobileGestalt MobileGestaltCache.c:38: No persisted cache on this platform.
Cannot create Swift scratch context (couldn't load the Swift stdlib)(lldb) 

Same problem for me. Getting output in the console, however can't debug myself. If I print any description I get Printing description of self: expression produced no result, right after Cannot create Swift scratch context (couldn't load the Swift stdlib).

The weird thing is that this worked for me last week, I haven't made any changes to lldb either. I removed Chisel in order to see if that would resolve my issue, which is does not.
Still broken in Xcode 12 beta 3 :-(

Does anyone know a work-around?

rdar://FB8115536
any update on this one?? I have this problem on a specific project, but I haven't changed anything on the project settings.
Other projects work fine
Finally got this to work. Try changing your shell from zsh to bash (then back if you need to). See my answer here.
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651375