When are the new NL features available?

I'm excited to try out CreateML. I think I have to download Xcode Beta to sample the new sentenceEmbedding, for example. Or, will I also need macOS Big Sur?

Replies

While I haven't used the sentenceEmbedding, I did try the Transfer learning algorithm with dynamic embedding of extracted features in macOS Catalina and Xcode 11, specifically CreateML.

While my 10k training data used to be consumed in less than a minute and would result in a 88Kb mlmodel file, it took an hour to train and the resulting size was now 1.5MB. Using the model to analyze 10k Rotten Tomatoes reviews used to be only as slow as I/O. Now, the analysis takes 4 minutes—whether on an iPad Pro 12.9" running iPadOS or just a simulator, no difference!

The accuracy is now an almost incredible 98%, so there is that!
I just wanted to leave a reply as I just installed Public Beta 1 and Xcode Beta 12 but still, the sentenceEmbedding API is not available in my playground test. Also, it seems we are the only people who asked questions on the WWDC hashtag but no one ever answered? Not a good start for the "new" dev forums, if you ask me. :(