WCSession isComplicationEnabled() always false w simulator?

In my iOS app, I check to see if there's an active complication before sending complication data to the watch, given the limit of 50 transfers per day.

It seems isComplicationEnabled() always returns false in the simulator, even though I have a watch app in a watchOS simulator that's active and running, with complications that actively get updated from the watch code as well. Data is successfully being passed from the simulated iPhone to the simulated watch app - both are active, connected and otherwise in sync.

When I run using a physical device, WCSession isComplicationEnabled() on my iPhone does return true, but it seems to always be false in the simulator.

Is this a limitation? Bug? Anyone else seeing this?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ryoustra Down vote post of ryoustra
1.7k views
  • Hi guys, since today, I have the same. Same on my iPhone (iOS 15.4) and my watch (watchOS 8.5). Do you have any solution? Thanks!!

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi! Can you please file feedback at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com so we can investigate? A small sample project would be super useful. Thank you!
Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution yet?